Stock Market News:Maruti Suzuki’s Record-Breaking Quarter Shines
As Dalal Street gears up for a positive start on Monday, several stocks are poised to be in the limelight due to their notable performance in the first quarter. Here’s a roundup of key highlights and quarterly results of some prominent companies across various sectors:
- IDFC First Bank: IDFC First Bank reported an impressive 61% year-on-year increase in profit, reaching Rs 765 crore for the first quarter. The bank also witnessed substantial growth in total income, soaring by 43% to Rs 8,282 crore.
- NTPC: State-owned power producer NTPC recorded a 9% rise in net profit, totaling Rs 4,066 crore in Q1. However, revenue from operations witnessed a slight decline of 2% year-on-year, amounting to Rs 39,122 crore.
- Marico: Marico witnessed a 15% increase in consolidated net profit, touching Rs 427 crore during the April-June period. Nevertheless, revenue from operations experienced a dip of 3% to Rs 2,477 crore.
- Maruti Suzuki, Power Grid, GAIL, and Adani Green: These companies are set to announce their first-quarter results today, attracting investor attention to their financial performance.
- Sonata Software: Sonata Software posted a net profit of Rs 120 crore in Q1, while its revenue from operations stood at Rs 2015 crore.
- Siemens: Siemens shareholders voted against the proposed sale of the company’s low voltage motors and geared motors businesses to Siemens Large Drives.
- SBI Card: SBI Card’s net profit declined by 5% year-on-year, amounting to Rs 593 crore in the June quarter. However, total revenue from operations saw an encouraging 24% year-on-year growth, reaching Rs 4,046 crore.
- Nazara Tech: Nazara Tech’s net profit rose by an impressive 31% year-on-year, reaching Rs 21 crore for the first quarter ended June. Revenues also grew by 14%, amounting to Rs 254.4 crore.
- Equitas SFB: Equitas SFB reported a net profit of Rs 191 crore for the June quarter, with net interest income standing at Rs 743 crore.
- United Breweries: United Breweries recorded a net profit of Rs 136 crore for the first quarter, while revenue from operations stood at Rs 2,274 crore.
- Gland Pharma: Gland Pharma’s VSEZ Sterile Oncology facility received a positive inspection from the USFDA with zero observations.
- Bank Of India: Bank Of India reported a net profit of Rs 1,551 crore in the June quarter, with NII at Rs 5,914 crore.
- MCX: MCX reported a profit after tax (PAT) of Rs 19.6 crore in the first quarter, and revenues were at Rs 146 crore.
- Piramal Enterprises: Piramal Enterprises’ board approved a buyback of shares worth up to Rs 1,750 crore through the tender offer route.
As investors eagerly await the market opening on Monday, these stocks’ performance will undoubtedly shape the market sentiment. Traders and investors will closely monitor these companies’ quarterly results to make informed decisions in response to their financial performance and prospects in the market.