Apple’s ‘Wonderlust’ Event: 4 iPhones, 2 Watches, AirPods, and More
Apple is gearing up for its biggest event of the year, the ‘Wonderlust’ event, where it will showcase its latest software and hardware innovations. The event is scheduled for September 12 at 10 PM IST and will be streamed live on Apple’s website, the Apple TV app, and YouTube. The event’s intriguing tagline has stirred a frenzy among Apple enthusiasts, sparking rumours and excitement about the new products and features that will be unveiled.
iPhone 15 Series
The star of the show will be the iPhone 15 series, which will consist of four models: iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max. The new iPhones will feature a number of upgrades and changes from their predecessors, such as:
- A switch to USB-C port for faster charging and data transfer
- Qi 2 support for wireless charging with compatible devices
- A new mute button/programmable Action button for the Pro models
- A powerful A16 Bionic chip for the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus, and an even more powerful A17 Bionic chip for the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max
- A sleek design with thinner edges and a new titanium chassis for the Pro models
- Expanded Dynamic Island technology that allows the display to adapt to different lighting conditions and content types
The iPhone 15 series will also come with iOS 17, which will bring a slew of new features such as widgets on the home screen, app library, picture-in-picture mode, app clips, and more.
Apple Watch Series 9 and Ultra 2
Along with the new iPhones, Apple will also unveil the Apple Watch Series 9 and Ultra 2, which will be powered by the impressive S9 processor. The new watches will feature a new pink colour option and innovative band designs that will add style and functionality to the wearable. The watches will also come with watchOS 10, which will introduce new features such as widgets on the watch face, sleep tracking, handwashing detection, cycling directions, and more.
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 will be a premium version of the Series 9, with a larger display, a longer battery life, and more health features. The Ultra 2 will also support vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-load (V2L) charging, which will allow users to charge their watch from their car or other devices.
AirPods Pro Upgrade
Another product that will get an upgrade at the ‘Wonderlust’ event is the AirPods Pro. The wireless earbuds will sport a USB-C charging case that will provide enhanced convenience and faster charging. Users will also have the option of purchasing the case separately if they already own the AirPods Pro. The earbuds will also come with improved noise cancellation, spatial audio, and Siri integration.
In addition to the hardware products, Apple will also announce some software updates and release dates for iOS 17, watchOS 10, tvOS 17, and iPadOS 17. These updates will bring exciting features such as widgets on the home screen, app library, picture-in-picture mode, app clips, sleep tracking, handwashing detection, cycling directions, and more.
Apple may also tease some upcoming products that are not part of this event but are expected to launch later this year or next year. These include:
- The ‘Apple Watch X’, which is rumoured to be a significant redesign of the smartwatch that could redefine the wearable landscape
- The ‘Apple Glass’, which is speculated to be Apple’s entry into the augmented reality market with a pair of smart glasses that could project digital information onto the real world
- The ‘Apple Car’, which is believed to be Apple’s ambitious project to create an autonomous electric vehicle that could revolutionize the transportation industry
The ‘Wonderlust’ event is set to be a spectacular showcase of Apple’s innovation and creativity. With four new iPhones, two new watches, upgraded AirPods Pro, and more, Apple fans have a lot to look forward to on September 12. If you are interested in watching the event live or catching up on the highlights later, you can tune in to Apple’s website, the Apple TV app, or YouTube at 10 PM IST.